THE APPLETON RUM BUS
Appleton Estate Rums are aged, premium drinks with a proud Jamaican history. However, consumers don’t understand that rum can be more sophisticated than reggae and palm trees.
- More than 8,500 drinks served, generating over £60K in revenue to help offset the running costs
- The Rum Bus generated 113 individual pieces of press coverage
- The average number of monthly 'likes' on Appleton Estate's Facebook page rose from 60 at the start of the campaign to over 800 by the end
- During the same period, the number of followers of Appleton Estate's Twitter account grew by 140%
- Weekly reach on Facebook increased from 98,000 to 593,000
The Rum Bus is an authentic recreation of the Jamaican Omnibus Service that ran across the Island in the 50’s and 60’s. Our modified Bedford bus can serve guests inside or out and used the paraphernalia associated with Jamaican bus travel to bring to life the brand’s extensive history.
The space inside used the original seats to host personalised tasting sessions with the brand’s ambassadors allowing visitors to understand and taste the difference aging can make to a rum.